What is CenteringPregnancy®?
CenteringPregnancy® combines the one-on-one provider experience with group prenatal care. Over the course of 10 prenatal visits, women receive routine prenatal care and spend time discussing pregnancy health topics with a group of 8 to 12 expecting moms who are all due at the same time.
With this group-based program, moms not only receive personalized prenatal health care, they also have an opportunity to build friendships and community that can support them throughout pregnancy and motherhood.
What are the benefits of CenteringPregnancy®?
CenteringPregnancy® has been shown to improve the lives and outcomes of pregnant women. While the program may not be for everyone, it can bring many benefits for expecting moms and their families, including:
- Empowering moms to take charge of their own health
- Helping moms create friendships that can support them throughout pregnancy and motherhood
- Encouraging positive health behaviors and better health outcomes
- Helping ease anxiety and feelings of isolation that many new moms face
Research has also shown that CenteringPregnancy can improve birth outcomes, such as:
- Lowering your risk of preterm births
- Reducing low birth weight
- Increasing breastfeeding rates