Staffed by certified nurse-midwives, Bay Area offers several birth options. Our practice offers a home-like environment where Jacuzzi tubs are available. Unsure if a natural birth is for you? We also offer hospital births at Anne Arundel Medical Center. The midwives at Bay Area are here to guide you through the birth of your choice.
Approach to Care
At Bay Area, you receive personalized care throughout your pregnancy, birth and postpartum (after birth). Your midwife is an expert in vaginal deliveries and has low C-section rates in low-risk pregnancies and childbirths. Our goal is to provide you a safe and positive birth experience.
We offer a holistic (whole person) approach to women’s health, caring primarily for women with low-risk pregnancies. We also provide regular health screenings, and sometimes care for women with high-risk pregnancies (in collaboration with a doctor). Our services include:
- Prenatal visits
- Vaginal births
- C-section births, working with a doctor
- Lactation/infant feeding consults
- Well woman care (cervical cancer screening, pelvic exams, breast exams, etc.)
- Screening and treatment for sexually-transmitted infections
- Family planning counseling, birth control prescriptions
- Management of minor gynecological issues
- Care before, during, and after menopaus